Five interesting facts about diversity*:
1. Ethnically diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform other companies...
● Yet studies show that resumes submitted with with non-white sounding names are less likely to get a callback.
2. Gender diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform the average company...
● Yet there are fewer Fortune 500 CEOs who are women (4.1%) than those named David (4.5%) or John (5.3%). Two single male names outnumber an entire gender!
3. Diverse companies bring in more revenue...
● Actually, 15 times more sales revenue than companies with the lowest levels of diversity.
4. 83% of millennials are more engaged at work when they believe their company fosters an inclusive culture.
5. Diversity fosters more creativity and innovation in the workplace...
● When people with different skill sets, backgrounds, and experiences are brought together in one workspace, it leads to more effective problem-solving. Similarly, diversity breeds more creative and innovative approaches to business. According to a 2011 Forbes study, 85 percent of 321 large global enterprises (companies with at least $500 million in annual revenue) agreed that diversity is crucial to creativity and innovation in the workplace.
Come learn from Dr. Shawn Andrews, expert in the field of training and diversity and published author of "The Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide.", how training and development can support diversity to benefit your organization.
- Examine barriers that contribute to the leadership gender gap
- Identify emotional intelligence attributes and their impact on leadership
- Explore how gender differences impact perception and promotion
- Leverage organizational approaches to be more diverse and inclusive
- Apply practical strategies to advance your career and leadership opportunities
*(Samantha Suarez, 5 Facts About Diversity in the Workplace that May Surprise You, Sep, 2017)
About Your Presenter
Dr. Shawn Andrews has over two decades of corporate experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a strong history of leading, educating, and inspiring others. Shawn is experienced in leadership development, facilitation and training, and has helped thousands of leaders improve and develop using presentations, workshops, coaching, and psychological instruments. She is an accredited practitioner for EQ-I 2.0 and EQ 360 Model, Insights Discovery Colors, and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership.
Shawn holds an Ed.D. degree in Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University, M.B.A. degree from Pepperdine University, and a B.A. degree in Psychology from the University of California, Irvine. She has authored multiple published articles and blogs, leads webinars and workshops, and serves on advisory and editorial Boards of Directors. She is founder and CEO of Andrews Research International.
You can order the best-selling book here, The Power of Perception
6:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Registration, Networking and Dinner
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Program (all programs begin promptly at 7 pm)
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Informal Networking
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, dinner sandwiches are available! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: The Reef, 1933 S Broadway, Rooms 771/772, Los Angeles 90007
- There are two paid parking lots - the South Lot and the East Lot. Metered street parking is also available. The South Lot is the most convenient lot, located directly South of The Reef building. Overflow parking is directly East across Broadway if the South lot is full.
- Parking fee is $6 with validation. (Normal cost of parking is $10.)
- Important: Each person will receive a blue ticket upon entering the Reef parking lot (must keep). The student worker we schedule will hand each participant a pink 40% validation ticket. There is a pay station in the lot so when you leave this is where you put in the blue ticket, then the pink ticket which will instruct them to pay the $6 parking fee.
- Here is a link to directions to get to The Reef:
Cutoff to register with dinner is Wednesday, March 16.
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.