Invigorate your traditional instructional design with fresh e-learning techniques. Based on examples from organizations that have implemented successful virtual training, this program will provide you with the skills to develop individualized, asynchronous e-learning experiences that motivate learners to change their behavior. Learn to skillfully meet instructional design challenges in any industry and apply the principles of effective e-learning to individualized courses, tutorials, games, simulations and other e-learning modules.
Explore the essential e-learning components of context, challenge, activity, and feedback to elevate your success. In this program, you’ll discover the design elements of effective e-learning, investigate instructional interactivity that supports learning, practice applying these discoveries in designs, and learn to incorporate what works into your own projects. Please note that this program does not address issues of designing and delivering live, virtual instructor-led webinars, nor does it focus on specific software or tools.
Why You Should Attend:
- Design e-learning that allows your learners to spend their time wisely and productively.
- Use the unique capabilities of instructional technology to make each learning experience meaningful, memorable, and motivational.
- Create learning experiences that change behavior well beyond a post-test.
After this program, you will be able to:
- Apply the components of effective e-learning instructional design and learner motivation.
- Describe how interactivity affects learning.
- Examine how e-learning tools and trends can disguise the true learning challenge.
- Orient e-learning towards behavioral-based outcomes instead of online information.
- Use e-learning success prerequisites to improve programs.
- Apply the steps of successive approximation for e-learning projects.
- Apply the principles of effective e-learning navigation.
- Evaluate e-learning programs and make recommendations for improvements.
This program takes place December 4-5, 2017. The workshop begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. each day.
Support ATD-LA with your registration.
Use ChIP code “CH8028” when you register for this course.