Today, we’ve all heard about the leadership gender gap, or experienced it firsthand in our own career. But did you know that perception (not skills or competencies) has the most significant impact on career advancement? This chapter meeting is based on the best-selling book, "The Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide
". We'll explore barriers and misperceptions in the workplace. We'll discuss the impact of gender culture and EQ on men and women’s behaviors, and will learn how Millennials and Gen Z are positively impacting work. The latest research, specific examples, and real-world case studies will be discussed. The speaker will provide strategies for individuals and organizations that support career growth, gender parity, and diversity.
- Examine barriers that contribute to the leadership gender gap
- Identify emotional intelligence attributes and their impact on leadership
- Explore how gender differences impact perception and promotion
- Apply individual and organizational strategies to minimize barriers to advancement
About Your Presenter
Dr. Shawn Andrews has over two decades of corporate experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a strong history of leading, educating, and inspiring others. Shawn is experienced in leadership development, facilitation and training, and has helped thousands of leaders improve and develop using presentations, workshops, coaching, and psychological instruments. She is an accredited practitioner for EQ-I 2.0 and EQ 360 Model, Insights Discovery Colors, and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership.
Shawn holds an Ed.D. degree in Organizational Leadership from Pepperdine University, M.B.A. degree from Pepperdine University, and a B.A. degree in Psychology from the University of California, Irvine. She has authored multiple published articles and blogs, leads webinars and workshops, and serves on advisory and editorial Boards of Directors. She is founder and CEO of Andrews Research International.
Added bonus: Shawn will have her book, “The Power of Perception: Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, and the Gender Divide” available for purchase and autographing. Payment types: cash, check and credit card.
Or you can order the best-selling book here, The Power of Perception
6:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Registration, Networking and Dinner
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Program (all programs begin promptly at 7 pm)
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Informal Networking
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, boxed sandwich dinners will be available for all attendees! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: University of Southern California, Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Room TCC 227, 3607 Trousdale Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- $14 at any of these structures. Please allow 5-10 minutes to walk to the meeting room. Please tell the gate attendant you are attending an event at USC.
- Downey Way Structure, 3667 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles 90089 (Use the entrance from Vermont)
- Gate 3, USC McCarthy Way Structure, 3499 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles 90089,
- USC Hotel (Radisson), 3540 S. Figuero St., Los Angeles 90089, or
- Gate 4, USC Royal Structure, 672-698 W Jefferson Blvd., Los Angeles 90089
- Street parking is also available. Four- and two-hour metered parking is available on Figueroa Street and Jefferson Boulevard.
- USC is Metrolink friendly and it is also a 5 to 10 minute walk to the meeting room.
Pre-Registration Suggested: Cutoff to register with dinner is Monday, March 16.
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.