What is Employee Learning Week?
Employee Learning Week is an awareness campaign highlighting the important connection between learning and achieving organizational results.
It's an opportunity to demonstrate your organization's commitment to workforce development. Tell ATD about your Employee Learning Week, and get recognized as a "Champion of Learning!"
When is it?
Employee Learning Week typically takes place the first week of December. But, employee learning is a year round event!
Where is it?
Employee Learning Week events can happen anywhere! Hold events in your office or plan a special off-site program.
Training is more important now than ever before. The growing skills gap and increased need to compete in today's economy require organizations to develop a knowledgeable and highly skilled workforce.
Who can participate?
All organizations are encouraged to recognize Employee Learning Week by rededicating themselves to employee learning.
How do I participate?
Celebrating Employee Learning Week doesn't have to be a major undertaking. Here are some ideas:
- Encourage employees to attend a course or program that will enhance their skills.
- Hold an education fair or "lunch and learn" during the week to remind employees about training opportunities.
- Send an email to employees each day of the week with a new learning tip.
- Involve the CEO and senior executives in recognizing the value learning brings to the organization.
- Submit a proclamation request to government officials within your community, city, or region to highlight your Employee Learning Week events and activities
Tell Us About Your Plan and Results
Step 1: Click here for additional details and an ATD toolkit to make participation even easier.
Step 2: Conduct your activities between December 4th and 8th, 2017.
Step 3: Use the form at the link below to describe what you did before the deadline of January 10, 2018.
Step 4: Get featured by ATD as an official "Champion of Learning!"
Click Here for the Form