Training and development of tomorrow’s leaders has never been more important. Many current leaders are close to retiring and organizations are unprepared for the transition to the next cohort of leaders. How can we prepare organizations for the future? What are some of the key skills missing in internal talent pools and how can companies better prepare them for success?
In this session, we’ll cover some must-have skills to develop the next generation of leaders to be better prepared to step into bigger roles, skills that today’s managers will need to succeed in the ever-evolving workplace.
Come with your top tip, advice, tool and business cards to share with your colleagues during the chapter meeting and ring in the new year with teamwork, camaraderie and a spirit of learning. 90-second time limit.
At this session you will:
- Understand Changing Workforce Needs and How They Impact Company Growth
- Learn the #1 Road Block to Developing Rising Talent
- Identify Low-cost, No-cost Tactics for Building a Stronger Talent Pool from Within Your Four Walls
About Your Presenter
Cecilia Gorman is a veteran of the advertising industry where she spent 20+ years in production, recruiting and human resources. She is a frequent PIHRA chapter speaker and brings energy and enthusiasm wherever she trains.
Cecilia hails from Orange County, CA, spending the bulk of her career at Y&R Advertising where she was VP, Creative Services. She led Global Creative Operations at Oakley and was head of HR and Training as VP, Organizational Leadership at Innocean USA.
Cecilia is a DISC-certified Executive Director with the John Maxwell Team and is the owner of Creative Talent Partners, a training consultancy that specializes in the development of new and struggling managers and the teams they lead. She’s the co-founder of Empowership, a year-long training and mentorship program designed exclusively for women. It's been her mission to inspire, educate and motivate employees toward their greatest potential.
6:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Registration, Networking and Dinner
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Program (all programs begin promptly at 7 pm)
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Informal Networking
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, dinner sandwiches are available! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: The Reef, 1933 S Broadway, Rooms 771/772, Los Angeles 90007
- There are two paid parking lots - the South Lot and the East Lot. Metered street parking is also available. The South Lot is the most convenient lot, located directly South of The Reef building. Overflow parking is directly East across Broadway if the South lot is full.
- Parking fee is $6 with validation. (Normal cost of parking is $10.)
- Important: Each person will receive a blue ticket upon entering the Reef parking lot (must keep). The student worker we schedule will hand each participant a pink 40% validation ticket. There is a pay station in the lot so when you leave this is where you put in the blue ticket, then the pink ticket which will instruct them to pay the $6 parking fee.
- Here is a link to directions to get to The Reef:
Cutoff to register with dinner is Wednesday, January 15.
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.