Did you know that about 45% of Americans make resolutions for the New Year? Unfortunately, about 22% of resolutions fail after about a week, 40% after a month, 50% after 3 months, 60% after 6 months, and only about 8% ultimately accomplish them.
So how do more of us join those 8%? What lessons can we learn from them? In this interactive session, we'll discuss how elite goal-setters stay focused and complete the objectives they set to achieve.
Austin Bauer will lead us in this interactive session on how to avoid the distractions, stay focused and achieve the goals we set for ourselves. Join us and put yourself on the path to a successful 2020!
At this session you will:
- Determine the goals you want to set for 2020
- Recognize and avoid fear-based responses
- Learn how to stay the course in stressful situations
- Come away with tips and resources to enhance your career
About Your Presenter
Austin Bauer, PCC, is a leadership coach and facilitator helping companies do better work by developing cultures of organizational listening, collaborative learning, and internal innovation. The former in-house coach at ad agency Deutsch LA, Austin launched the training and coaching firm, Simple Progress, in 2015. They have since worked with organizations like the American Heart Association, USC, UCLA, Taco Bell, Edelman, and Garage Team Mazda. Additionally, Austin leads the west coast arm of Caveday (a company improving our relationship to work) and is an advisor at the design strategy consultancy, Verynice.
6:30 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. Registration, Networking and Dinner
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Program (all programs begin promptly at 7 pm)
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Informal Networking
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, dinner sandwiches are available! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: The Reef, 1933 S Broadway, Rooms 771/772, Los Angeles 90007
- There are two paid parking lots - the South Lot and the East Lot. Metered street parking is also available. The South Lot is the most convenient lot, located directly South of The Reef building. Overflow parking is directly East across Broadway if the South lot is full.
- Parking fee is $6 with validation. (Normal cost of parking is $10.)
- Important: Each person will receive a blue ticket upon entering the Reef parking lot (must keep). The student worker we schedule will hand each participant a pink 40% validation ticket. There is a pay station in the lot so when you leave this is where you put in the blue ticket, then the pink ticket which will instruct them to pay the $6 parking fee.
- Here is a link to directions to get to The Reef:
Cutoff to register with dinner is Wednesday, January 15.
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.