Technological change is disrupting established and dominant incumbent firms at an ever increasing pace. Extensive research by the author has identified the culture of successful firms as the major barrier to continued innovation. The author identifies three traits and three practices that constitute a culture of unrelenting innovation. Contemporary examples and quotes will support the claims.
- Importance of innovation
- Role of culture in driving innovation
- Practices to build a culture of innovation
Gerard J. Tellis (PhD Michigan) is Professor of Marketing, Management and Organization, Neely Chair of American Enterprise, Director of the Institute for Outlier Research, and Director of the Center for Global Innovation, at the USC Marshall School of Business. Dr. Tellis is an expert in advertising, social media, innovation, new product growth, and global market entry. He has published 7 books and over 200 papers (http://www.gtellis.net ) that have won over 24,000 citations in Google Scholar. His publications have won over 25 awards, including the Long Term Marketing Science, Frank M. Bass, William F. O'Dell (twice), and Harold D. Maynard (twice) awards. Dr. Tellis is a Distinguished Professor of Marketing Research, Erasmus University, Rotterdam and a Fellow of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, UK. He is President of ISMS and was an Associate Editor of Marketing Science and Journal of Marketing Research. Previously he was a Trustee of the Marketing Science Institute, the Treasurer and VP External Affairs of ISMS, and a Sales Development Manager of Ethnor/ Johnson & Johnson. In his spare time he is a fruit gardener and a rock collector.
6:30 p.m.- 7:15 p.m. Registration, Networking and Dinner
7:15 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Announcements
7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Program
8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Informal Networking
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, boxed sandwich dinners will be available for all attendees! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: University of Southern California, Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Room TCC 227, 3607 Trousdale Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- $14 at any of these structures. Please allow 5-10 minutes to walk to the meeting room. Please tell the gate attendant you are attending an event at USC.
- Downey Way Structure, 3667 McClintock Ave. Los Angeles 90089 (Use the entrance from Vermont)
- Gate 3, USC McCarthy Way Structure 3499 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089,
- USC Hotel (Radisson) 3540 S. Figuero St., Los Angeles 90089, or
- Gate 4, USC Royal Structure, 672-698 W Jefferson Blvd South Los Angeles.
- Street parking is also available.
- USC is Metrolink friendly and it is also a 5 to 10 minute walk to the meeting room.
Pre-Registration Suggested: Cutoff to register with dinner is August 10.
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.