[Please note: This meeting is the 4th Thursday.]
When you think about social media, what big players come to mind – Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram? A recent survey by Pew Research Group revealed that the single most widely-used social platform in the United States is not Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Instagram. It is YouTube. People flocking to YouTube are not just people under the age of 30. YouTube’s users are people from every age demographic on the planet. YouTube referrals generate more average sales revenue per visit than Twitter. YouTube’s conversion rates rank third among all social media platforms. The fact that YouTube is not top of mind for most professionals and businesses means that it represents a powerful digital marketing opportunity for those who embrace this ubiquitous digital platform. Learn how to take advantage of this disconnect and use this medium as a premier talent development tool.
Please bring your laptop or mobile device. This is a hands-on session.
On completion of this session you will:
- Identify why developing a YouTube and video strategy is imperative for internal and external clients.
- Develop skills to exponentially increase the number of subscribers to a YouTube channel.
- Identify how to competitively position your organization and its value proposition on YouTube.
- Develop skills to use YouTube to acquire new talent development clients.
- Identify how to deliver training content in an engaging and compelling manner.
- Evaluate how ranking on YouTube is different from ranking on Google and why you should care.
- Comprehend how Search Engine Optimization rules have dramatically changed in 2019 and how to use them to your advantage.
- 6:30pm-7pm Registration, Networking and Dinner
- 7pm-8:30pm Introductions, Program and Q&A
- 8:30pm Informal Networking
About Your Facilitator:
Nelinia Varenas MS, MBA is CEO of Breakthrough SEO Marketing, a differentiating online marketing firm. The company caters to businesses, professional practitioners, and non-profit organizations. The digital marketing company offers Website Design, SEO/SEM, Inbound, Blog, Email, Social Media, PPC (Paid Ads), Remarketing, and Reputation Marketing Services to impose leadership and convey value to grow for-profit and non-profit entities.
Nelinia draws on experience with Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, charitable organizations, and startups, alike, to provide clients with been-there insights and perspectives that quickly align interests and accelerate project implementation. Nelinia is involved in community service and business advancement organizations including the Rotary Club of Long Beach and Chamber of Commerce of Greater Long Beach.
Coming straight from the office with no time to eat? Don't worry, boxed sandwich dinners will be available for all attendees! Let us know your preference when registering.
ATD-LA is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Location: University of Southern California, Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Room TCC 232, 3607 Trousdale Parkway, Los Angeles, CA 90089
Parking: $12 at any of these structures
- Gate 3, USC McCarthy Way Structure 3499 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90089,
- USC Hotel (Radisson) 3540 S. Figuero St., Los Angeles 90089, or
- Gate 4, USC Royal Structure, 672-698 W Jefferson Blvd South Los Angeles.
Please allow 5-10 minutes to walk to the meeting room. Please tell the gate attendant you are attending an event at USC.
USC is Metrolink friendly and it is also a 5 to 10 minute walk to the meeting room.
Pre-Registration Suggested: Cutoff to register with dinner is Monday, April 22. Register Now and Save the Date!
Please click here for cancellation and refund policies.